How to use the bookmarkLet's quickly cover how to use the smart bookmark and some common mistakes. No worries - it's really easy!
The right way to create alerts:
You found the product that you like on any retailer's website. Now simply "select and click":
- Select the price
of the product on the actual product detail page.
- Click the !owlert bookmarklet
in your browser's toolbar.
- Only create alerts from the actual product detail page.
- Only create alerts for the main product on the page.
- Selecting the Dollar ($) is recommended.
- If the product is already on sale then select the current sales price.
- Avoid selecting additional text. But if you accidentally do, that's fine.
Common mistakes:Do not create alerts from the following types of pages. Your price drop request must originate from the actual product detail page.
- Shopping Cart - page shows what's in your cart. We can't see that.
- Search Results - page shows multiple products resulting from a search.
- Category - page shows multiple products within a category.
- Quick Info - dialog that shows product info but main page is still of type above.
- Wish List - page shows your wish list. We can't see it.
- Related Items
- Suggested Items
- Airline Fares
- Hotel Room Rates
- Insurance Premiums
- Other than site's default currency